Pre-Natal Yoga Classes
Having a healthy pregnancy is just a stretch away thanks to the Pre-Natal Yoga Program we offer.
The Pre-Natal Yoga program offered by Hammer Training Center is a unique combination of Yoga, breathing, and relaxation exercises designed to help expectant moms prepare mind, body, and spirit for a healthy pregnancy and positive childbirth experience. Women can begin Pre-Natal Yoga at any time during their pregnancy because they only do what they comfortably can. Yoga exercises reach deep into the body; they massage, stimulate, relieve tension, work out stiffness, release trapped energy, revitalize and assist in overcoming many physical problems. With Yoga, the approach is different from other exercise programs. First, we quiet the mind and focus on breathing. Then we perform poses slowly with rhythm and concentration. Eventually, the pregnant women will have the joyous experience in knowing and understanding their body and their baby from a new perspective.
Pre-Natal Yoga will help expectant and new mothers to:
- Strengthen and tone muscles affected by pregnancy and childbirth.
- Learn important health and nutrition tips.
- Prevent and alleviate back problems, ankle swelling, leg cramps, and other pregnancy-related symptoms.
- Interact with other expectant and new moms.
- Shape up quickly after delivery.
- Reduce tension and stress and prepare for the labor and delivery experience.
- Improve overall sense of well being.
- Increase vitality and energy level.
- Improve posture and circulation.
- Provide more efficient weight gain during pregnancy.
- Lessen the chance of dietary restrictions during pregnancy.
- Bond with their baby in the most satisfying ways possible.
The Pre-Natal Yoga Program follows the safety guidelines of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. However, it is recommended that you consult your health care provider before joining the program.
Our Pre-Natal Yoga Program runs in eight week cycles with classes meeting once a week. Women may join at any point in their pregnancy. To realize the full benefit of the program, it is recommended you join for your entire pregnancy and remain in the program 12 weeks after the birth of your baby. After 12 weeks, you can continue your Yoga practice in our beginner Ashtanga Yoga class.
Each Pre-Natal Yoga class lasts one hour and includes a short break. The Yoga poses are designed to meet the special needs and abilities of pregnant women and new mothers. The classes are conducted with music composed for the pregnancy & fitness program. Each class includes a short “pregnancy tip” session on topics including pregnancy fitness, weight gain, nutrition, and post-partum shape-up.
Our Pre-Natal Yoga instructor is trained and certified by MOTHERWELL® to teach Pre-Natal Yoga.
Call (484) 619-3864 for current dates and times of our Pre-Natal Yoga class!